Thursday, June 4, 2009

RUBY

Ok, this is the reason I started this blog, to keep my sanity and, also, with this blog, maybe more people will understand why sometimes I'm just a little cranky!!

Today at work, an owner came into the office, she's been meaning to ask a question . . . she wanted to know when we would be getting STYLE back on the cable line up. I explained "we're not". With the switch to digital tv (which already took place down here), we lost the condo's Lobby Channel. We have a secured lobby, where people need to call for an elevator for access to the building. The Lobby channel allows the resident (or office) to see who is in the lobby, calling for access. When the switch to digital tv happened, we lost the lobby channel. We had the cable company out repeatedly, over a week and half, trying to see how this could be fixed. Finally, it was explained, the Lobby channel is an analog channel. The only channel that is left analog is CH 95, because it is left for community access stations. (Now don't get bored yet, I promise, it'll be worth reading!)

Well, our hi-rise condo is part of a master gated community. Their community channel is, yes, CH95. So, we can't switch to that channel. At this point, I tell the cable guy, I need to get other people involved. I call in the Manager and the VP of the Board. It is decided, the cable company can put some equipment on the feed, and use CH96 as our Lobby channel. CH96 was the STYLE network. The Manager, VP, and, now on the phone, President of the Board decide that's the way to go. We lose STYLE, but regain the Lobby channel!! Within 45 minutes, the Lobby channel is back!!

THIS WAS IN APRIL!!!! So the owner today (June) comes to ask when we're getting STYLE back. I explain we're not, why it was taken, etc. At this point she is getting more and more animated. She needs STYLE!! RUBY will be starting now in June!!! Who decided this!? Why can't we use some of the other stations that just have static!? I have to see RUBY!

(Still calm) I explain "I understand", but this needed to be done to have the Lobby channel. "WELL WHO WATCHES THE LOBBY CHANNEL BESIDES YOU!!??!! RUBY is starting in June. I have to watch RUBY! Who do I need to talk to? I'm going to start a petition! Why do we need the Landings channel (CH95)!?! Take that channel! I have to see RUBY!!!

(Still calm) I explain, again, "I understand", but we will not be getting STYLE back. "WELL, I'M CALLING PEOPLE!! I'M STARTING A PETITION!! We need to get this back . . . I can't miss RUBY!!!!"

At that point she left the office. Now, the bookkeeper was in her office, Kenny was running cable in there, they both come out and asked "So, when we will have STYLE back?"

I'M SITTING THERE TRYING TO UNDERSTAND WHO THE HELL IS RUBY!!!!

Meanwhile, these are my days. I get irrational people who have no one else but me to complain or vent to. At this point, the bookkeeper and Kenny are laughing so hard, there are tears coming down their faces! That's how my life goes. All these wacko people come in, vent, yell, who knows what else, and "they" all hide in their offices and let me take the brunt of it all!! Who is "they" you ask? "They" are all the people that actually make these decisions that rile up the owners!!

So, next time I may seem a little cranky . . . just keep in mind, someone could have reamed me out because they can't see RUBY!!!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

Why is Ruby on the style channel anyway? I went to her website and the outfit she has chosen to wear on the homepage photo is not stylish at all. Sneakers with a long skirt????