Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Support Community Theater


Even while I lived in VA BCH, I often went to the Virginia Beach Little Theater. It was a very inexpensive way that Christopher and I could enjoy a live play in the theater (remember I was a struggling single Mom).

Well, Kenny and I have lived in FL for quite a while now, but, for some reason, we have never experienced a performance in the Cape Coral Cultural Park Theater. Robin and I went to the Ft Myers Repertory Theater once, and thoroughly enjoyed it! Even then though, we went because I got free tickets!! A couple of weeks ago I saw advertised, for the Cape Coral Cultural Park Theater "Walking After Midnight, a night with Patsy Cline". Well, I have to admit to you, I have always loved Patsy Cline's voice. It's a shame, she is one of many artists that tragically died way too young at that time. Anyway, the production sounded interesting, tickets were only $15, and it was right in Cape Coral . . . how could you beat it!?!

Last Friday evening, Kenny and I and Robin and John went to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner (we had 2 for 1 coupons . . . yes, I know we are WILD ones down here!!) and then went to the Cape Coral Cultural Park Theater for the Patsy Cline production. The theater was great, lovely old time lobby, red velvet, etc. We went in to our seats, the the total theater holds about 218. The seats were nice, wide and comfortable. You weren't squished in like sardines. There was great leg room. I got Kenny an aisle seat, because he usually has to stretch his legs into the aisle. He had room to have his legs anywhere he wanted!! We got tickets in the 2nd to the last row, but there were only 12 rows! We could see and hear everything, it really was a wonderful venue for a show. Afterwards, we all kept wondering, why it has taken us so long to go there and see a play?

Well, before it gets too late, I encourage all who read this to search out your small community theaters, and buy some tickets for a great inexpensive, wonderful evening out! Most of these people are volunteers that work and run these theaters. We need to show our support and thank them for what they bring us!!

3 comments:

Alexis said...

Wow, you are becoming quiet the cultural connoisseur!

skbproductions said...

So, I expect dinner and a show next time I"m down.

nicole said...

yes. i agree with all of this.