Sunday, November 22, 2009

A LOT OF THANKS TO GIVE

I give THANKS for my beautiful family.

















I give THANKS for my wonderful, life-long friends.


I give thanks that the sun comes up every morning.

I give thanks, that especially in today's times, we have jobs that we can go to every day (OK, I don't always feel that way while I'm there, BUT, you know what I mean!).

I give thanks that, although, I may have some aches and pains, I can get up every morning and use my own two legs and arms to do whatever I want to do.

This year, I give thanks that "my baby" will be with me on Thanksgiving!

I give thanks that we live in this GREAT country of ours. This country, with all it's flaws and blemishes, I would NOT want to trade to live in any other country. We all need to give thanks for the freedoms that we have to live the lives that we choose to live, and not have to live the lives we are told to live. We, the Kevatos/Mantis', are here because our grandparents could NOT live the lives they wanted to live. So, instead, they sacrificed all that they had to come to a land that they believed would make it better for them and their future families.

Lastly, whether you think it is right or wrong why they are there, we need to give thanks for the men and women overseas putting their life in harms way every day.

I give thanks for all of you!

1 comment:

SAT said...

What a great Thanksgiving post. We miss you! Have a happy Thanksgiving!xxoo