Friday, August 28, 2009

My baby's Birthday!



Went to VA for Christopher's (gulp) 33rd Birthday. Don't know how I managed these travel plans, but I flew in the day of the party (that I was giving)!! Thank God for my sister Stefanie. She had her daughter Alexis there all week, with her (gorgous) little baby, Samantha, plus Stefanie was working on and off, plus, all the family coming over to see Alexis & Samantha, then her son-in-law Pete came in, AND her daughter Nicole surprised everyone by coming down from NY!! With all this going on, Stefanie, with Alexs' help, managed to plan a party for Christopher and about 25 people! As I said, I showed up around 12:30 that day.


All in all, we had a great weekend, Alexis & family had to leave in the morning Sunday, but it was so good to see cute little Samantha (and, yeah, Alexis & Pete), if at least for that one day, and the best surprise was having Nicole there, too!


Of course, the highlight was seeing MY BABY, Christopher!!!! Although a short visit, it was great to spend time with him. Monday was a good day, all the family got together at Stefanie's house (while she was working) and got to quietly visit, while we finished up all the leftovers out of Stefanie's frig. She was excited to come home and see all the food gone, and just her normal yogurt and salad fixings in the frig! What was really nice was getting to visit with Steffie & Eddie and Maria on a quiet, relaxing basis. We usually only get to see them while they are hectically working.


I brought my camera, and I thought there were pictures being taken everywhere, but there are only a couple(?!), BUT, the memories will last longer.


Love to all my family, and I'm glad I got to see you all . . .

3 comments:

Alexis said...

I'm glad I got to see you too, even if it was just for 24 hours. Love you and your little sweet teas too!

nicole said...

it was awesome. i'm so glad i got to be there, and I can't wait to see you again. i hope you like my pictures of you and samantha!!

skbproductions said...

It was lovely. Glad to have my fridge back. I gained 8 lbs this summer. both the fridge and I are on a diet.